Thread: Test joins
View Single Post
Old 2006-09-13, 01:11 PM   #6
Preacher
There's Xanax in my thurible!

Send a message via ICQ to Preacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper View Post
Do you think it will be cool if I tell them that I'm going to test join within the next 3 months?

What about revshare sponsors? Is it necessary to even let them know?

Has anybody here discovered anything from test joins or is it largely a waste of time and money?

Sorry for drilling the forum with all these questions.

I was thinking about randomly testing sponsors to see how it goes.
I'm not as plugged in to sponsors as Jim is so I can't answer that question, but I can give you my personal experience.

I had a freind who wanted some adult products, so I sent him the links with my referral codes and then I watched how it flowed through the backend being as I knew exactly what was purchased and the purchase price.

It was very informative to me, because the payout was different then I expected it to be. I'm not saying that they did anything wrong, I'm just saying I didn't pay enough attention to the affiliate aggreement when I signed up. So with that info, it mildly changed the way I marketed the site.

As for adult sites not stores, if I wasn't able to get my hands on the members area content, be that through a members pass or just a robust free content area, I probably would not market the site, and I trust programs to not shave or skim enough to not test them for that in that manner.

But that's just a little guy's opinion.