View Single Post
Old 2011-03-26, 11:50 PM   #42
egonspengler3
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoGuy View Post
LeRoy is a stand-up guy.

Egon, best of luck with your new business.
Thank you, InfoGuy.

My apologies and summary to everyone:

I want to apologize for getting riled up prematurely. There is nothing Leroy is at fault for here. We have friends, we don't need to dish out everything ahead of time for anyone. Even if the protocol was to look up a person before approving them, finding something incongruent simply warranted a quiet question, not a thread with a title as deleterious as this. If you follow the timeline of this entire fiasco, you'll see what I'm talking about.

I got riled up because when I saw the title of the thread, looked around, and found no other threads in here but this, I felt terrible because its solitude increases the title's impact. You see, Leroy is a friend of mine, and he's helping me. A title like this for this thread, in a forum with this title is a serious blow on his reputation. And for what? Helping me? This is what I take serious issue about.

I hate to get all melodramatic like I'm a Lifetime Movie battered wife neglected by abusive husbands, but this is a business to me. I see this as an opportunity to finally get out of the god forsaken rat race so many of us are stuck in. And for this, I never forget to thank Leroy for changing my family tree for the better. Sure, I haven't made money yet, but this is due only to my ignorance. And for Leroy, this ameliorates his income. With this thread, a friend of mine essentially took a bullet for me, just for helping me; this industry is borne of alliances and forged under common goals whose currency is honesty and integrity of which Leroy is beyond reproach. And I seriously thought there would be greater maturity, cordiality and civility because this situation can't be the first time it's happened. This is why I take serious umbrage with this and the premise on which it was begun.

If it was just me, then fine. I'd get angry, but I'd let it pass. As I've mentioned before in this thread, Leroy's reputation is years in the making and as many of you can attest to, he is a stand-up guy. As for me, well, I'm only several posts old in this forum, so while it would have stung, I would've gotten over it more quickly. I think you guys understand.

I mean no disrespect to Meatpounder, I simply wish for this issue to be corrected, but apparently, this is as good as it is going to get. This thread will not be deleted, and its title will remain the same, to which I remain under vehement protest.

A little bit about me. Maybe one day some of us will meet. Maybe even Meatpounder... at some convention or something. I am laid back, I would like to think I'm cool. I don't go around biting people's heads off. I'm not normally like this. I'm the kind of guy that can take a heavy punch on the shoulder on his birthday, and generally a the-cup-is-half-full kind of person.

While I am done arguing about this, it would be nice if GG admins would recognize the issue with this thread and change the title to something like "Leroy Wrongfully Accused of Cheating".

That said, truce and peace.

egon