View Single Post
Old 2009-02-21, 02:33 AM   #15
Licker4U
Mean people suck, nice people swallow, are you mean or nice?

Send a message via ICQ to Licker4U Send a message via AIM to Licker4U
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodo View Post
The problem I see is that surfers clicking a text link that does not mention extremely clearly that it will lead them to a paysite, might just close the page or hit the back button all the way back to where they came from before hitting your index page. Who wants to be mislead, I can see from my server stats that there's quite a drop off between index and main!
The freeloaders with no intention of buying will do that. They're going to see some free pics/movie clips at the paysite's tour anyway so I guess it depends on the text you use to get them there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodo View Post
Half the drop offs might be surfers who thought they would enter your site or get to see some free pics when they clicked a sponsor link and they ended up on a paysite and thought what the fuck, someone shafted me here! That is a potential lost signup there.
And after they enter your site and see your free pics there still needs to be a reason to buy. Personally, I feel that if a surfer gets to my galleries I haven't done my job. The only reason I have image/movie galleries is because link lists require me to have something for the surfer....and a little sampling of what is available might get a sale. (But from my stats that's rare)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jester View Post
^^^
In regards to a surfer thinking they'd see free pics etc from a link..I myself don't use misleading text I try and spell out where that link is going, I think most of us here do the same.
Yep...."Wife won't give you her ass? Take a look at the girls that LOVE anal sex at...............". "Not getting enough cock sucking? The babes at "........." suck cock just so they can swallow cum. Take the free tour and see some of our cock sucking teens". They know they're going to a paysite and will get some free samples.