View Single Post
Old 2003-09-15, 01:53 PM   #21
Kath
No offence Apu, but when they were handing out religions you must have been out taking a whizz

Send a message via ICQ to Kath Send a message via Yahoo to Kath
Quote:
Originally posted by DangerDave
I for one get pissed off with this "foreign traffic" shit..

I want to know what the current definition of "foreign traffic" is??.

Anything that isnt US??
Anything that doesnt speak english??

I get redirected enuff as it is, being non-us based... |pissed|

DD
Hey Dave!

The current definition of "foreign traffic" depends totally upon the webmaster. Not speaking for other global traffic programs, but SexMoney.com lets the webmaster choose which languages he wants to re-direct or include in his geo-targeting links.

Our program has a double filtering process that checks the user by browser language AND by IP-detection/location. This helps if you are targeting French-speaking users but want to discern between French-speaking Canadians and French-speaking Parisians. You choose which languages you want to send to SexMoney and which ones you want to keep.

And as far as the whole "re-direction" thing goes... I agree with Linkster - what Greenguy is doing now with the text link offerings in multiple languages is the BEST solution. Give your surfers the choice. I don't like getting re-directed (I hear ya Dave!) so I'm sure they don't getting taken somewhere against their will. lol

In the coming weeks we will have even more targeting tools, ads and multi-language offerings for webmasters to use on their sites in RESPONSE to requests made by webmasters who work with link list, TGP and search engine traffic, who want to stay complaint with rules and requirements AND make some $$$ from their global traffic.

I hope this answers some questions - if you have more, my virtual door is always open. Get me via kath@sexmoney.com or ICQ at 29052013. |rasta|
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote