Thread: Am I Too Green?
View Single Post
Old 2009-05-28, 09:10 PM   #1
jacklynlick
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES

Send a message via ICQ to jacklynlick
Am I Too Green?

Ok,
I'm completely afraid to ask this question here............ but, here goes!

I've been on the net forever, and I was even on this webmaster board many, many years ago.

I ran a pay site for many years, and in 2005, I just walked away. I needed a break. I went to Hawaii, and did nothing for two years. My site has just sat there, but, I still get a bit of traffic from people looking up my name. But, it has died, of course.

I don't want to do a paysite. I'm not in LA, and don't have access to all the photographers, make up artists, models, etc. But, I do have a ton of content that I've never even released yet. I'm slowly releasing videos on some sites.

I'm able to release the photos on gallery sites (tgp's), but, many of them are turning me down for not being a 'trusted submitter'. Which, ok, I understand that. I understand the cheaters. I've dealt with them, which is one of the reasons I don't care to make content anymore. I got tired of seeing my entire site on rapidshare.

SO, my question is this, should I turn my site into a TGP? I had thought about it. I do pretty well with some of my affiliate's, and I have huge mailing lists as well as 76,000 people on myspace and growing daily. However, I feel I'm too green, and not known enough for people to even want to submit galleries to me. What would you do? (ok, be nice, constructive criticism is great and appreciated, please don't annihilate me)

Thanks,
Jax
jacklynlick is offline   Reply With Quote