View Single Post
Old 2023-12-07, 09:43 AM   #3
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Sorry to hear about the BIL Art. It does not sound like he has taken care of himself or much of anything for a very long time. (That kind of kidney damage does not usually happen over night.) At least he will come home to a nice, CLEAN, new place and be able to get the care he needs. Then again, it doesn't sound like he cares. (I just lost an uncle who was much like your BIL. He expected his daughter, who he has not really been a father to for well over 25 years, to drop everything and move him to California so she could take care of him around the clock. He refused to do anything for himself including pay taxes or physical therapy.)

We have a nice fluffy blanket of white snow. It isn't as cold this week as it was last week, so that is nice. -23C was our low point. We are now at -6C (-9F and 21F). It's a huge difference in just a few days. It seems the family is now over COVID - finally.

Yesterday was Finnish Independence Day, which means a huge gala at the Presidential Palace that not only focuses on the celebrities and politicians, but also pays a lot of tribute to our veterans. Like the Oscars, people tune in just to see who is with who, and who is wearing what. Usually our gracious First Lady Jenni Haukio is the winner of the best dress award. This year it goes to rapper Käärijä (Eurovision). Yeah, a guy beat all the pretty dresses. Quite a night. The English news has a great wrap-up with plenty of photos - https://yle.fi/a/74-20063863. I know it is paltry compared to the US gigs, but... this is a country where clothes are not so important. It is very common to see casual dress including seasonal shorts on talk show hosts. Very very few wear ties except for the politicians. As long as the clothes are clean, they work.

Things are slowly getting back to normal. MIL is fighting a bad hip, so The Husband has been spending more and more time taking care of her. Means more time to work -- which I need to get back to! (And yes, those galleries are pouring out again.)

Last edited by Pagan; 2023-12-07 at 09:55 AM..
Pagan is online now   Reply With Quote