View Single Post
Old 2007-01-13, 10:45 PM   #14
Flex
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger View Post
I was in a rush to answer the first question on everyones mind when I rifled off that reply. In regards to your other questions, I bought comus because I knew that I had no clue about the full functionality of TGP software let alone how to expediently replicate it in a self-built software package. However, a link list is something different (and far more simple) so creating that package was something that only really took me a few ours of banging away at the keyboard.
|confused| It takes you the same amount of time to build a link list site as it does a tgp as far as design goes. I think you might need to look at this board some more and learn the difference between the two. The comment "I bought comus because I knew that I had no clue about the full functionality of TGP software let alone how to expediently replicate it in a self-built software package." sounds nice and technical but with all do respect just stick with the first part that you had no clue. Luckily you have come to one of the best place on the net to get one. I suggest you do a few searches on this board for free sites, link list, and search engine traffic to start to get a grasp of what I am saying as far as TGP and Link List go.

Quote:
I'm using it mainly as a test bed for refreshing my memory with a lot of technologies that I hadn't worked with for quite sometime (XSL and XPath in particular) and am hoping to build it in to a product that I can sell. There are a few other ideas that I'm kicking around in my head, but I'm not going to mention them since they haven't even been started yet. Using the data contained in the TTT tables was a bit of a shortcut that I took to get it up and running quick plus it has the side benefit of offering people who list with me a reward: you'll get traffic from me even if you don't send it or operate a trade script (how can you lose with an offer like that?).
That’s what a link list usually does anyway right? Are you referring to forced traffic?

Quote:
Now in regards to my motivation to dive into this sector, it's simple: a friend introduced me to this sector and showed me that there was some money to be made (which I'm hoping to do, but it's not critical that this happen immediately). So I'm gently wading on in to the market by getting my feet wet with both the TGP and now the link list site that I operate (we all need to start somewhere don't we?). I eventually hope to ditch my day job as I'm tired of the bullshit that goes along the market in which I operate in, but I know that I have a long ways to go before I have enough experience in this market to accomplish that so this is more of a hobby right now.
I welcome you to our "sector" but, I think its best that you know that a TGP and a Link List are to completely different monsters. A link list takes much much more time to build up than a TGP does. A link list should be mainly based around search engine traffic and not from traffic trades. Some traffic trades are fine but the fundamentals that make a link list different from a TGP is based on the quality of traffic and having informed surfers searching for targeted niche which they prefer which intern will increase your sales. TGPs IMO base their sales on the amount of traffic they can get from other traffic trades no matter were the traffic comes from and have more of a brute force method to them.

I think it would be best for you to start by submitting free sites so that you can understand your market instead of just jumping into a project like this. A link list is a full time job in itself so if you are doing this part time then it will take you twice as long to build it up. Traffic and sales do not come as easy with link list because it takes time to get the right targeted traffic to it. You will read in some post of seasoned Link List owners to run while you can because they understand the nature of the beast that is a link list. A link list is a long term investment which if done right can be profitable but not without a lot of work and sacrifice.

I wish you luck on your new project and would be willing to help you with any questions you may have.

Last edited by Flex; 2007-01-13 at 10:49 PM..
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote