View Single Post
Old 2007-04-22, 10:43 AM   #17
Vri Vri
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbrad View Post
What you are saying makes sense to a point, but i doubt it could be considered "nice-quick-profits" if you have to wait a couple years for an interested party knowing the potential of a domain, or just someone with more money than brains, to buy it.
Actually, I may have been trying to infer too many things at the same time.

For the nice-quick-profits, buy domains that are being undersold, compared to the current-market-trends, especially the trend for buzzword-power, which Temptresses.com lacks --- I was suggesting that 'Temptresses' is merely extremely-brandable/TradeMarkable™ (The obvious-popular-synonyms would be the words with buzzword-power). Thus, I was suggesting that Temptresses.com would offer rare long-term-value for the Website-Developers who would be inclined to Trademark the word, Temptresses™, and actually build off of this, through quality-content --- This is not an investment-opportunity, for those looking for "a quick return on investment".

On the other hand, I was also trying to suggest that Temptresses.com is similar to Sex.net --- in that the vast majority of people who knew about the auction couldn't afford it, and, the few who could also afford it, let the domain go for, in my opinion, an extreme-bargain.

My domains have almost no traffic, and I have only setup a few Ebay-auctions, and posted to the promo-areas of a few message-boards, and so forth. So, of-course, lack-of-exposure may be much more of a problem for me, than it was for the Sex.net-auction.

That's the review.

Temptresses™

Vri Vri is offline   Reply With Quote