View Single Post
Old 2007-04-22, 04:08 AM   #13
Vri Vri
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless Warrior View Post
It's been a solid year and you haven't been able to sell that domain. What does that say?
That the market-trend is for domains with more-popular buzzword-power, and/or shorter-words, and/or packages that come with both singular-and-plural words, over Genre_Definitive --- Trademark-Power™

In some ways, The Domain-Market is very similar to The Real-Estate-Market. If you are an astute-investor who truly understands what would sell in either market --- you can simply, patiently, hunt for the most-underpriced-bargains you can find, and then immediately resell them for nice-quick-profits. Or, for-example, you can simply sit on a domain, that you acquired for a ridiculously-low-price, for the market, and ask for 3 times that amount, until you find a buyer, while profitting through no-brainer-rent, in the meantime. Sex.net sold for only $454,500 last-year, and it is presently listed at Moniker.com, with offers starting at $1,500,000 --- This would still be an excellent-deal, in my opinion. However, I would not be surprised, whether finding a buyer for that price, or more, would take years or days --- I have learned to expect-the-unexpected, in domain-sales. Personally, I believe that both Sex.net, and Sex.com, would have sold for significantly more, simply if more people ready to put down that kind of money had known that they were for sale. I will continue to reach more people, until I find a buyer --- I suspect that this would be more of a Domain-Developer, than a Domain-Sitter.

I've also learned that Real-Estate is much more of an Established-Market, where uniquely-useful-property is much more tangible, and thus, respectable to people, even if it has been on the market for years, and whether it's underpriced for it's rarity, or whether it is super-overpriced, out of extreme-rarity---as-a-justification.

Very-amusing.

Temptresses™

Vri Vri is offline   Reply With Quote