View Single Post
Old 2004-03-24, 10:30 PM   #4
Torn Rose
"Faith is believing what you know ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

I feel for you dude... I was just there 3 weeks ago and wish it on no one.|pcwins|

Yesterday afternoon my router stopped letting me have high speed access, it actually was clocking slower then a 33.3 modem.

So I spent 3 - 4 hours on the phone with Linksys, then today bought another Linksys router "B" like I had, and it also was clocking at less then 33.3 modem speed.

So I go back to Best Buy and exchange the "B" for the "G" and guess what? Still less then 33.3 modem speed.

Another long ass phone call to Linksys, and it got to the point they told me that if reinstalling the firmware didn’t work to "return the Linksys and get a different brand"

Thankfully it worked.

I'm taking a few days to relax from it, and then going to try and get my old “B” to work again. Hate the idea of buying a new one for no reason.

But it short, computers suck… they never did any good for anyone…

BTW, what sense does this make… the old “B” I bought 2 YEARS ago was a version 2… the Brand new one I bought today was a “B” version 1.7, WTF? Why is this still on the market? Mine is outdated, but this new one isn’t?

Sheesh……….
Torn Rose is offline   Reply With Quote