View Single Post
Old 2007-01-13, 04:54 PM   #11
RamCharger
Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless Warrior View Post
Did you read my questions?
I was in a rush to answer the first question on everyones mind when I rifled off that reply. In regards to your other questions, I bought comus because I knew that I had no clue about the full functionality of TGP software let alone how to expediently replicate it in a self-built software package. However, a link list is something different (and far more simple) so creating that package was something that only really took me a few ours of banging away at the keyboard.

I'm using it mainly as a test bed for refreshing my memory with a lot of technologies that I hadn't worked with for quite sometime (XSL and XPath in particular) and am hoping to build it in to a product that I can sell. There are a few other ideas that I'm kicking around in my head, but I'm not going to mention them since they haven't even been started yet. Using the data contained in the TTT tables was a bit of a shortcut that I took to get it up and running quick plus it has the side benefit of offering people who list with me a reward: you'll get traffic from me even if you don't send it or operate a trade script (how can you lose with an offer like that?).

Now in regards to my motivation to dive into this sector, it's simple: a friend introduced me to this sector and showed me that there was some money to be made (which I'm hoping to do, but it's not critical that this happen immediately). So I'm gently wading on in to the market by getting my feet wet with both the TGP and now the link list site that I operate (we all need to start somewhere don't we?). I eventually hope to ditch my day job as I'm tired of the bullshit that goes along the market in which I operate in, but I know that I have a long ways to go before I have enough experience in this market to accomplish that so this is more of a hobby right now.