View Single Post
Old 2004-07-01, 09:25 AM   #49
Paul Markham2

Quote:
Originally posted by pam
Well, yes, but then again, I'm the one who always had disclaimers on her sites (since 1995) and put 2257 notices on galleries

I've always erred on the side of caution, it's best.

But remember, proof of age documentation and 18 USC 2257 are 2 different beasts -- both animals, just different types. For photos that aren't sexually explicit, you of course need documentation but you don't have to put the address where the records are kept on your website pages, for example.

It astounds me how many larger, well-known websites don't comply with 18 USC 2257 and have something on their sites like "we comply ..... contact our custodian at email@email.com" without listing a name or address, or have half-assed information at best. Check the links at some of the larger sponsors for examples.
I was stunned, amazed does not quite cover it, how many on the Adult Internet are ignorantor just don't care about the laws and the dangers they face.

Eveyone assumes that because they met on a chat board they must have everything straight. Even in a business rife with conmen.

Well Ashcroft has seen this and is coming after you, he's looking for some good positive publicity just before election time. These ammendments come into being in August, there is a 30 day compliance period, then you can bet there will be doors knocked on.

Now you may later be able to prove that under tjhe legislation you did not have to keep the records. That will be 12 months after the arrest date and $50,000 of your money into a lawyers bank account.

Be warned Ashcroft is not pissing into the wind one month before the election.