View Single Post
Old 2013-05-13, 03:55 AM   #4
ecchi
Banned

This week I will mostly be working on rebuilding my computer room/area.

I collect old computers and they are in the same place as my main (work) computers. For many years this has been an eight foot high line of warehouse style racking covering one wall, with the shelf at about the three foot level extended to form a desk. However as my collection has increased this has become more and more inconvenient as I have to rearrange everything each time I want to get one of the old 8 bit or 16 bit machines out to use (only the PCs and Amigas have permanent places on the "desk", the rest get swapped around as wanted, and spend the rest of their lives on higher shelves in the racking).

Last year I took over a small one roomed apartment opposite my main apartment to use as a bedroom. Since my computers and previous sleeping area were in the same room this has given me more space for my computers, so this week I am changing everything about. It is a major job because it involves finding a temporary home for my work PCs (I cannot stop computer work while doing everything else), clearing down my other computers and packing them in temporary storage (probably in my lounge area), moving some furniture, sorting out a lot of junk stored in the same room, ripping down the racking, then rebuilding the racking so that it, and two desks I own, form a U shaped unit covering 3 walls, then putting everything back.

All this will take at least a week! But by the time I have finished I'll have three walls covered in computers instead of one, and most will be usable without moving stuff about.

Last edited by ecchi; 2013-05-13 at 03:58 AM.. Reason: Broke up paragraphs to make it an easier read.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote