View Single Post
Old 2020-06-29, 06:21 PM   #10
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Send a message via ICQ to Pagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtWilliams View Post
Morning.

My wife and I were talking about the States reopening. I said there was one thing that struck me. That is, what were the politicians (really) thinking? Sure, they lie and then they lie to cover up the lies but did they think that this would some how stop the virus? Are they stupid? We knew this accelerated outbreak is exactly what would happen. If you know what the hell they were thinking then please enlighten me....
It's because they are still testing!!! Now if they weren't doing any more tests, then the numbers would not keep going on. Besides, we know all the hospitals are mis-reporting everything because they get more for COVID.

And... I am totally joking. The numbers go up like crazy because 'Muricans can't think and follow guidelines. If they had done the mask/distancing/handwashing in March, the numbers would not be so bad. Just ask a Canadian! The virus is so bad in the US that the EU is seriously talking about not allowing them to visit until it is under control. We don't want a 2nd wave. The tourist dollars would be nice, but not the virus that comes with it.

We had a nice break in the heatwave. It's a balmy 16 outside right now (60 for you 'Muricans) but my workroom remains a stuffy 26 (79F) Between The Cat, The Husband, and the heat, I am whipped. Stuff didn't get done today, but that can't be helped. In the morning, I must go chasing a needle in a haystack... sigh. I think I go cool off in the sauna.