View Single Post
Old 2020-06-27, 11:59 AM   #8
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
I pretty much live a lather, rinse, repeat type of life, so not much to report. The neighbors from hell had a raucous Father's Day party which ended with them chanting "Black Lives Matter" and forcing the police into full retreat when they were asked to obey the noise ordinance at midnight, but they've been suspiciously quiet since then. There was a large gathering last night, but very little boom-boom music. I'm just too old to find it amusing.

My primary boss is on vacation for the next two weeks, which should mean life will be even easier at work. It will give me more free time to sort of flirt with that little Vietnamese woman. There is a new tiny Black girl who works there somewhere (it's a big place) - and she is so goddamn cute - and young, so no chance there. It makes me sad. So damn cute.

Something I have really been noticing lately is that white people in the Bible Belt are much more difficult to get along with than the people of color. They can be just as political, hypocritical, bigoted, and hateful as you may expect. The young black guys I work with, as well as the Mexicans, Dominicans, and Vietnamese people, are so much easier to befriend and just generally get along with. It's difficult to have a conversation with a white coworker without it eventually coming around to which group of people they dislike and why. It's exhausting.

It's going to be a hot one here today, so I'm going to do some laundry and let my neighbors watch my undies dry on the line. Good times.