View Single Post
Old 2014-07-05, 10:18 AM   #6
Simon
That which does not kill us, will try, try again.

Send a message via ICQ to Simon Send a message via AIM to Simon Send a message via Yahoo to Simon
One of my neighbors built a nice tiki bar on their big, flat reinforced roof. They had a roof-top party yesterday and last night.

We're two blocks from where the park and canal where they set off the big commercial fireworks displays. Which always sets off all the car alarms on my street at the finale.

Some people brought bags and boxes of the stuff you can buy over the counter, so the party had hours of it's own pre- and post-show rockets and explosions. We're on a canal anyway, and with the drenching we took from the tropical storm that went by, no fire worries.

I brought some things you used to be able to buy years ago, so we had fun guessing whether something would fail to do anything at all, or explode in a way unintended by it's designer. Most of them worked fine, but we did have three big and brand new items that just blew themselves apart. The 3" diameter butt plate off one of the mishaps flew across the roof and hit me perfectly center mass. Weak load, so no injuries to report.

There was lots of good food, watermelon and grapes soaked overnight in vodka, a flag made out of red/white/blue jello shots with LOTS of tequila, and all the usual party fare. To celebrate freedom we exploded some things we aren't allowed to have, drank some moonshine we're not allowed to distill, and burned some vegetation we're not allowed to grow.

All in all, a good time was had.