View Single Post
Old 2004-02-17, 10:01 PM   #12
creamxtreme
WHO IS FONZY!?! Don't they teach you anything at school?

Send a message via AIM to creamxtreme
Yes Here Too WolfPack

And I am with Maestro.

I do not see Revsharehosting as a Free Host. All hosting costs are traded off with sponsors. One key ingredient in this type of hosting package is the webmasters who use Revshare are carefully selected.

Yes Cleo, with no matter what host you use Hqhost, Revshare Host and even a paid host there will always be bad submitters and cheats. I've seen many sites who had nothing to do with cheating, banned from even Google, cause some cheaters used the same host as those good webmasters.

Whether or not this type of banning is good or bad, I can't say. But to you Wolfpack, there are a lot of good LL's out there more than willing to share your works with their visitors, but make sure you use your own content as well as revshares, to keep the content from being overused and going stale.

I personally emailed several members of this board, asking them to reconsider their position on this issue. Successfully, I had two of them change their minds. Where I think alot of webmasters who do use Revshare fail at though is that revshare allows them unlimited space, unlimited bandwidth and loads of free content.
They seem to not want to spend some money to buy content of their own and they really need to do this or at least bring some of their own content with them.

Revshare has as far as I know, and always will be a well repsected Adult Hosting Alternative.

Good Luck,
Nick

P.S. One more note before I close, I have always used a Free Host parallel to one or more of my paid hosting accounts. As with many others here, I feel it is a good idea to have at least one paid hosting account somewhere. Again, good luck!