View Single Post
Old 2007-01-14, 07:22 PM   #21
RamCharger
Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I think I'm just going to back out the way I came in and forget that I just read this thread.
I'd rather you stay and contributed to the discussion, but if that's what you wish... I'm just trying to figure out why my concept of giving people random traffic from the TTT engine on top of whatever traffic they get from people intentionally clicking on their site in the link list is so impossible to understand (it works out for the person listing as well as me in the long run).

I mean the proof is right on the adultlinkweb.com site to show that there's no trickery involved here, but to demonstrate...

Here's a link right out of the index.html (main page) from adultlinkweb.com (you can do a view source on the page if you don't believe me):
<a href="http://coolchicktgp.net">cool chick tgp</a><span class="reportlink"> (<a href="/problem.php?id=12">Report Problem</a>)</span><br/>

Note carefully: it's a regular href direct to the site.

Here's the snipet of XSL code in the main.xsl template that created that link:
<xsl:template match="site">
<a href="{@url}"><xsl:value-of select="@name"/></a><xsl:if test="@desc"> - <xsl:value-of select="@desc"/></xsl:if><span class="reportlink"> (<a href="/problem.php?id={@id}">Report Problem</a>)</span><br/>
</xsl:template>

Here's the site entry in db.xml for the above site:
<site id="12" url="http://coolchicktgp.net" name="cool chick tgp">
<niche>general</niche>
</site>

With all the talk of doing something different on various threads I'm very confused at why my take on doing something different is being met with such confusion (if not resistance) when I am trying to do something that's mutually beneficial: you get a hard link and forced traffic to your site, my list expands courtesy of that link, that encourages people to visit, and, hopefully, they'll visit adultpicweb.com while they're at it. If I can make that any more clear I'd really appreciate your feedback on how.