View Single Post
Old 2011-06-25, 03:32 PM   #6
cd34
a.k.a. Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecchi View Post
Actually, given the popularity of Flash, I'd say that unless Apple do a fast U turn on this, the result will be that that Macs are slowly dying.
I removed Flash months ago - it only exists in Chrome for me. My CPU fan on the macbook rarely comes on anymore, battery life substantially improved. When Chrome has problems, 99% of the time it is from Flash crashing. Flash on Android phones does nothing but burn battery. Flash can't die quick enough. I can typically get 30 hours out of a charge on my phone - even surfing sites. If I surf Flash heavy sites, I'm lucky to get 15 hours. Except for one app I'm beta testing, the only app to crash on my phone has been the browser - while viewing a site with Flash.

HTML5 solves almost every problem that Flash addressed - except for the unnecessary glitz that it provided with page transitions, animated buttons, etc.

The only valid thing flash did was handle video - and HTML5 fixes that. Flash also doesn't deal with openGL and video card acceleration - HTML5 does.

Adobe needs to fix a lot of things for Flash to remain relevant. I believe your prediction should be that Flash is slowly dying.