View Single Post
Old 2022-06-27, 10:16 AM   #4
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Send a message via ICQ to Pagan
Nah, not a slacker Ramster. I am just being Finnish - I don't post much unless I have something to say. This place doesn't do much small talk, and of course as an American we specialize in it. I have had a lot of learning to do.

(Illustration... my first summer here, we went to visit the Husband's family that lives in Eastern Finland. One aunt is very bright and bubbly, chattering up a storm. I can handle that easily even though I don't understand much. The others though... we went to visit the MIL's brother. She doesn't see him or talk to him often. He is not a talker at all. I think he said 100 words in the 2 hours we were there. No questions, no comments. Just.Dead.Silence. This is actually normal. We go visit the In-Laws and it is much the same thing. My mom and niece visited us back in 2012, and we chattered for the few hours they managed to spend with us. The husband says we barely breathed!!)

It's too beastly hot here, and it will be for the next few weeks. I miss being able to open windows in the early mornings for the cool air. Still, the work goes on but just in shorter spurts. Speaking of which, it is time to get back to it.