View Single Post
Old 2009-06-17, 09:58 PM   #18
InfoGuy
I want to set the record straight - I thought the cop was a prostitute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdeb View Post
I don't check my stats every day, with over 100 domains that would be a full time job - we are talking about 2 of those domains here. I do however check my mailbox every day for checks, I would have noticed a significant decline in income.

Both of those domains were set to auto-renew. Both were due for renewal on the 14th of June, which is also the day the bank decided to play super sleuth and put my account on hold for 'suspicious transactions' - see above posts. Godaddy did not send me an email to say the billing had failed, they immediately parked both domains WITHOUT WARNING.
It's a given that in the adult industry, there are some shady sponsors. If you don't stay on top of your stats, how do you know you're not getting cheated by some?

Personally, I think relying on auto-renew is a bad idea. For any number of various reasons, including credit card expiration, your auto-renew may fail. IMO, it's better to setup your own reminders and do your domain renewals manually. That way you know for sure and maintain more control over your business.