View Single Post
Old 2010-07-12, 03:34 AM   #18
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent View Post
For one Bible thumper .....They have those primitive impulses to control people around them anyway
I agree with this, it was your argument that they were thinking about "keeping women for themselves" that I disagreed with (and that is also what I was calling Machiavellian), I simply don't agree that there is that level of thought in it. 99% of people who use the Bible to attempt to oppress others either do it because they genuinely believe that it is their religious duty or because they enjoy bossing people around.

Perhaps I should bring up my "qualifications" in subject. I was brought up as a Christian, went to a catholic school, and for the first thirty odd years of my life spent a lot of time amongst this sort of person. Hell, for a few years in my younger days, I probably was one of these people. And I can assure you that the majority do not have the smarts to think "hey, I don't want other people fucking my wife, I'll use this as a way to keep them from doing so". And I'd also guess that anyone who is smart enough to think like this will be smart enough to realise that it ain't going to work!
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote