View Single Post
Old 2010-07-11, 03:16 AM   #16
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent View Post
I've always believed the Bible is the product of that carnal, primitive thinking. The kind of primitive thinking that would give one man domain over another -- like one dog fucking another in the ass. It just legitimizes it in their eyes, like a legal document.
The original idea of religion may be the "product of that carnal, primitive thinking" but that is just the initial thought. The actual writing of the Bible took a longer, planned approach. And if it was done for the reasons you suggested in your first post, it took a lot of Machiavellian thinking.

Quote:
I don't think there is anything Machiavellian about it. I think its more gut reaction and primitive and it manifests itself that way. There are things we do everyday that we can't easily explain, we're just hardwired that way.
Wanting women for yourself is "more gut reaction and primitive", doing something instantly (like hitting someone you think is paying too much attention to your wife) is "more gut reaction and primitive" but sitting down and writing a book to ensure you "get the women" takes planning, forethought and is about as far from "more gut reaction and primitive" as you can get. Think about the idea of "a crime of passion" Vs a "premeditated crime". Sitting down and writing a book of the Bible is most defiantly "premeditated", not something you did instinctively.

To use your own example, writing a book of the Bible is not like a dog fucking a bitch, it is like a dog spending it's entire life planning to fuck one particular bitch, tricking it's owner into always taking their walks past her home, spreading rumours in the dog world that she has a venereal disease, getting friendly with her parents, etc, etc. Not "instinctive", but some "serious planning"

Quote:
I read somewhere women typically don't like other women who are promiscuous because they fear the promiscuous women will attract their mates away from them. So next time you hear one woman call another a "slut", it may be a reaction to insecurity or fear of losing her mate. I'm thinking more along those lines in regards to the original topic: that men don't want other healthy males around their mates unless they fully trust them.
Yes, not liking promiscuous women and calling them sluts is instinctive, but if a woman spent years writing a book to keep promiscuous women away that would not be instinctive, it would be planned Machiavellian thinking.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote