View Single Post
Old 2018-01-28, 11:13 AM   #4
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenguy View Post

I have a 6 month ad coming up for renewal, so I emailed him about renewing & offered a discount on a year. Woke up this morning to see they took TWO 1 year ads, already paid me, and they're looking for 2 MORE 1 year ads. Looks like I can keep the doors open for a few more months
One of the major benefits of having a text-based site is that it does pull quality traffic from the desired the nations.

I managed to figure what the issue was in my submission pages late last night, so I'm finally making progress on that front. Now, I need to simplify the page and remove all of the extra nonsense. Plus, the sites will need to be freshened up and and made responsive. So. Much. Fun. (I'm actually enjoying my hobby-ish re-entry into adult. I miss the old days.)

It's really strange how much you can achieve with so little. I'm coding and designing on a 9" netbook with 1 GB of RAM and a baby processor, running a free operating system. (And a corded mouse! ) Why? Because I have to. I could boot the big desktop (that is built with a server motherboard), but that monster requires me to use the generator while this little bitch computer runs happily without sucking by battery bank dry.

The most difficult aspect of trying to work in this tiny space the that fucking puppy constantly changing position. She just HAS to sit with me. Fucking HAS to.