View Single Post
Old 2018-12-26, 09:36 AM   #10
jollyhumper
That's what she said

Send a message via ICQ to jollyhumper
Noticed a discussion in a Facebook-version of this thread and couldn't help but see that one argument once again was how fake the news is.
Although I never acted as a journalist, I used to work in various media and media-related jobs. Whenever DonaldJ, or one of his supporters, shouts Fake News I can't help but think that the media has been asking for it. Watching how they didn't take his candidature seriously (who did, btw?) and how media over the years has turned into a click-bait whore, they sort of brought this upon himself.
A lot of serious newspapers etc *has* started to take this seriously, but I'm afraid they did that a bit to late.
The despot-behaviour of your President is kinda scary. (And believe me, we got this here too, now. Right wing politicians burning newspapers in photos, refusing to talk to certain papers and crying 'bias' and 'fake' whenever needed).
I have no idea how the media should solve this. Other than continue to be as honest as possible. If he does something good, say so, when he does something bad, dig dig dig.

It's funny (in a sad way) how he attacks SNL and liberal news saying they're biased and saying they should be investigated by law(!!!) when all he does in WH (except for ruining a lot of stuff) is watching TV and that is Fox News.
Scary.

Oh, I started to ramble, but as a 'media man' this occupies my mind a lot. And what I tried to say in a million words is; the "fake news" has been digging the grave themselves.

Jolly

Last edited by jollyhumper; 2018-12-26 at 09:43 AM..
jollyhumper is offline   Reply With Quote