View Single Post
Old 2005-03-09, 04:30 PM   #6
Kath
No offence Apu, but when they were handing out religions you must have been out taking a whizz

Send a message via ICQ to Kath Send a message via Yahoo to Kath
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibbler
I can accept chargebacks of 1 or 2 months worth of transactions. I can accept a chargeback every x amount of sales.

This scenario is hard to accept. I have some customers who've been with me since late 2003. Can they chargeback 1 1/2 years worth of transactions?
Not sure HOW far exactly - but I've heard of chargebacks going back further than 6 months... it sucks, but that's the way of the cc world. It's not CCBill - it's like that with all of them. It's out of their hands.

I had a charge show up on my cc statement once that I didn't remember what it was. I called the cc company and they asked me straight off, "Could this be an internet related charge? If so, you are not responsible if you don't remember it and we can charge it back for you. Do you know about chargebacks?"

I was shocked... she solicited ME to charge it back and call it fraud... WTF?

Once we finally found out what it was, not only was it not Internet-related but it was an actual charge hub had made at a retail store. So it was totally valid and not something that should be even instigating a charge over.

A little off the subject of multiple-month chargebacks, but that pissed me off.

Kath is offline   Reply With Quote