View Single Post
Old 2014-08-05, 06:07 AM   #7
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by faxxaff View Post
Anybody here to offer a bright spot?
The solution is to offer some content. I have an traffic exchange driven TGP that still gets, on a good day, 20% of it's traffic from Google, and rarely less than 15%. Take a look at Women In Bondage

On the left you will see a column headed "BONDAGE STORIES", which gives a short extract of that story then a link to a page (on my site) with that story on it. The idea is that Google sees my site as a "blog" with loads of links on it, rather than just a list of links, and the quantity of Google traffic I get seems to show that it works.

For those of you thinking "but I can't write stories" or "I don't got the time to write stories", click on the link for the first story "Teenage Girls In Bondage". You will see that it starts with an advert for an AEBN movie that is mostly text, and after the story is another mostly text advert for Darkest Comics. These are both adverts for sponsors but they count as "text" when Google sees them (provided you don't link all the text). And if you don't have both the time and skill to write adverts for your sponsors, then you are in the wrong business!

And the "story" itself is an advert for a book I publish, so basically this is a page of adverts but it counts as "content" to Google!!!!!!!!

But people don't think of this. For example, in my affiliate program I supply FPAs that are almost all text and will count as content. When I have looked at affiliates sites I have only seen my banners, I have never seen these text based FPAs use by anyone but me, despite the fact that they would help SE listings as well as get sales!
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote