Thread: Pet Peeve Time
View Single Post
Old 2008-09-17, 06:54 PM   #11
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
I have no comment on the 1st 2 since I don't pay any much attention to the blabber submitters put in the description area...
Some submitters are spot-on when it comes to simple, yet decorative, description writing. It's almost as if they take this business seriously and have viewed a link list or two.

On my older, now smaller, link list, I try to use the submitted description since it's not worth my very valuable time to spend too much time fussing around over there. On Perv, where I write 99% of the descriptions, I still like a sensible description to be submitted because I use it to get an idea of what angle the submitter is attempting to market and it gives me something to work from when writing my lengthier marketing prose. (All I ask for is the standard description they use to submit everywhere else.) I'm constantly tweaking things there in an attempt to get everyone's sites seen while getting ad views for myself. I even try to squeeze in a little extra love for my prize submitters when I can, usually in the form of keyworded one-way links to their hubs or blogs or whatever within the descriptions.

Last edited by Useless; 2008-09-17 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: I had extra commas that I wanted to use.
Useless is offline   Reply With Quote