Thread: Traffic
View Single Post
Old 2004-08-05, 07:42 PM   #3
gt68lt70
Heh Heh Heh! Lisa! Vampires are make believe, just like elves and gremlins and eskimos!

Quote:
Originally posted by Adult Traffic
Yes... and no.

The top referring sites in my stats send about 40,000 per week consistently to my galleries. There is about 1 page of the top referring sites, from maybe 40/k down to 1500 hits or so. I guess 1500 hits/week are something...

Then I have about 10 pages of referrers, with the last 9 pages all 1 hit and 2 hit sites.

Not sure it's worth the time to go and weed them all out of my submitter programs is the only reason they're still in there.

A one hit or 2 hit site isn't worth the storage space.

Here's another little secret. A good majority of sites accept submissions just for the recip link, and never really plan to list you. Check your logs and submit logs for errors, page doesn't exist of things like..

"Submission declined! You are only allowed to submit 0 galleries per day!"

or this classic.. "Too many off site links! You are allowed to have 3!" .. So, I can have 3 recips but no gallery sponsor links, OK, as long as I know the rules.

I will 404 their recip so fast

AST
Thanks.

I am not sure I would remove the 1 or 2 hit site. It only takes 1 hit to make a sale! Also, you never know when they are going to grow or buy some traffic or get a better SE listing.

I guess removing cheating TGP is very important. It is a lot of trouble though since you have to go edit a gallery that has recip links to other TGP.

Any submitter that manages these details?
gt68lt70 is offline   Reply With Quote