Thread: Warning page
View Single Post
Old 2006-02-25, 11:41 PM   #8
MrYum
Arghhhh...submit yer sites ya ruddy swabs!

Send a message via ICQ to MrYum
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowlite
Why even call it a "Warning" page? It's a doorway. Either to galleries or sponser pages. The actual warning is usually (not always) in a scrolling text area existing only as a feeble CYA device.

As with any marketing site the landing page is critical in terms of visitor retention and sales.

By the way MrYum my 8 yr old Granddaughter can read as well as view pictures.
It's called a warning page because that's what's been deduced as the best model for free sites...at least for now...and has been for some time. Yes, it is a feeble attempt at cya...but it IS an attempt nonetheless.

Good...I'm glad she can read at that age. I'd also hope that she's either supervised when online...or filters are installed...or better still..BOTH. But, while she may indeed be able to stop and read the text on the 'warning page' of my sites. She won't be seeing any hardcore images to ask questions about

To me...text requires one to actually sit there and read it. Whereas images are immediately IN YOUR FACE....there's no chance to bail out when the surfer realizes it's an adult site...the picture is there. At least with text...the surfer has to make a decision to READ it.
MrYum is offline   Reply With Quote