View Single Post
Old 2019-03-27, 03:13 PM   #140
jollyhumper
That's what she said

Send a message via ICQ to jollyhumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenguy View Post
I know they're a "hair band" but they were easily the heaviest out of all of them.

I know it's not "cool" to like them, but I'm here to tell you it's ok
Hehe, I am 4 or 5 years older than you, which kinda makes a difference at that age. I was really narrow when it came to music. Heavy-wise I liked Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. Later I also fell in love with Dio's two first albums, remember I saw him in 85, drunk as a skunk. I started early .
Judas Priest is still a huge band for me.

Me and some of my friends used to make fun of Looks that Kill by playing it on guitar and making fun of the lyrics. But to be honest, I think we all loved that riff in silence. It's a killer riff, I'll give you that.

I have The Dirt but hasn't come around to read it yet.
I enjoyed the movie and as I said, any guitarist with challenges like that is OK in my book. I didn't know Vince lost his daughter and "killed" his friend either. So I have a bit more sympathy for the band now.
I was a bit disappointed that Pamela Anderson wasn't featured :-p

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRobert View Post
Today I binged thru Extras with Ricky Gervais that made me a number of times each episode. This helped with the funk
I'm a huge fan of US Office, seen it four times or so. I'm also a huge fan of Gervais, but I haven't actually seen the original yet.
I ordered the DVD's on Amazon and I'm on episode two now.
I like it a lot and I'm looking forward to The Extras as well, I ordered that in the same order.

Jlly
jollyhumper is offline   Reply With Quote