View Single Post
Old 2007-12-22, 01:52 PM   #3
LD
wtfwjd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Pat View Post
I have a virtual hosting plan with colo-cation and have no prob running phpadsnew on most of my stuff, a tgp script on one domain, BO and BA. I have BA set to crawl for new feeds once per day.
No sign of problems and I have 168 blogs getting updated randomly once a day with unique posts, Kaktus said aetting unique only posts in BA does put more strain on the server, I seem to be ok.
LD I want to give you a heads up this many blogs is a hell of a lot of work. I'm talking like 4 hours a day 7 days a week just keeping them looking pretty and it took me easily 300 hours getting it dialed in, (still tweaking). Think about this for a minute LD if you have 150 blogs and you want to make a change to each that takes two minutes your looking at a mind numbing five hour grind.

Good to know I've got a ways to go on overloading the server..I'm considering moving to Colo-cation btw.

I do seem to have more ideas than time these days. I doubt it I could do hundreds right now, but I would like to get a few up and running...maybe 5 or 10 or so. One of these days I hope to be able to do this full time...