View Single Post
Old 2019-04-17, 12:34 PM   #5
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Send a message via ICQ to Pagan
I do believe it on the disruptions. You would think after 7 years of being away from punching a time clock I would have learned about minimizing the distractions, but nope. I bet I lose a good 2 hours daily to the cat walking in circles around my desktop, including on my keyboard. She usually wants attention or treats. The Husband? Add another easy 2 hours there. The two of them pick the absolute worst times to intrude. They aren't vindictive about it - they have no idea that I am busy working on something.

The social media thing is an absolute distraction. I now completely log out of it for hours at a time. The Husband has access to almost everything I do, so I put him to work.

We will have more than enough distractions here the next 2 days. The Husband has to take his car to be checked because it made a strange noise a week ago (and hasn't done it since!) So of course, his parents have to come over and go with him just in case he needs anything. Tomorrow also means cleaning and running errands. Good Friday, we are having the parents over for dinner. Many places still close here for the holiday, which is neat.