View Single Post
Old 2007-03-27, 03:23 AM   #1
awgPablo
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

Favored domain registrars?

Heya folks,

I've searched for a while and didn't find anything recent about this, so here goes (hope I didn't miss the Golden Thread.)

I'm not happy with my domain registrars, in general. I'd like some feedback on what people are using & happy with. The latter part of that is key, since I'm using several and I'm not wholly happy with any of them. I'm really looking for a good price and good terms so I can do any damn thing I want with the names, of course.

My beefs:

GoDaddy - I thought they were great for mainstream stuff, but there are a lot of complaints around here... why? Also, price is decent, but not as cheap as I'd like.

Dotster - Prices too high, IMO. Great service otherwise. I did get them to match GoDaddy's price for renewals, but don't think it will hold for new reg.

1and1.com - Great prices, I'm not happy with their "everything is automatic" backend... too little control over what's getting renewed and too many steps to do many things in there. I've also been annoyed at a recent customer service issue.. first experience there.

Other -- I have one other registrar with a bunch of names at $6.49/yr. but they aren't accepting new reg. anymore. I've been renewing for a couple years now, but can't sign up more names. Also, their backend is teh suck.

Well.. hopefully I'll get some bites on this... and not bites at my head for posting in the wrong place or the what-ness.

Thanks!