View Single Post
Old 2019-01-01, 03:49 PM   #9
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Send a message via ICQ to Pagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonz View Post
Good afternoon,

Anyway today all the kids around here do the trick or treat thing. Going door to door, singing a song and getting their pockets stuffed with money and candy. This year my gilrfriend took the kids out, too bad because parents get beer and schnapps on numerous locations and she doesn't drink. I stayed home to hand out candy.
Yep, they do that here in this part of Finland too. Nuutinpäivä - St. Knut's Day. We don't observe that until January 13th. The Husband said he used to dress up Halloween costume style and go door to door demanding treats. He said there were rude people that gave out apples and raisins, but not candy too. Some parts of the country, the young men dress like goats, but not here.

We have a nice windy, snowy evening here but it has been raining all day. The Husband just came inside from smoking and reports it is heavy and wet. Our national power outage map looks pretty scary, but nothing close to us is dark - yet. (http://www.sähkökatkokartta.fi/#/kunnat) Looks like I had better try to get stuff done while we have power...