View Single Post
Old 2010-03-29, 07:45 PM   #6
bDok
bang bang

Send a message via ICQ to bDok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
There's one thing I wish someone would develop.

I call it the Universal Admin. You'd just activate the needed UA modules for all of the scripts you run on all your sites. UA would reconfigure itself based on what modules were activated and then you could use the Universal Admin screens to manage your entire network without having to ever log into any other admin again.

On a typical day I may log into WordPress, Blogs Automator, TGPX, TubeX, LinkX, DragonList, OpenX, DadaMail, Joomla, LinksOrganizer, plus some custom scripts. With some of those there are multiple installations and logins on a variety of domains too.

It sure would be nice to log in just once a day instead of dozens of times.

Yes, I know it's just a dream.

P.S. I do use software which remembers my login details so I don't have to do much besides click the login link if I've logged out (and I usually stay logged in from day to day), but the idea of a Universal Admin is still very appealing.
That is kinda of a dream. One thing I did a long time ago was to have just a little password protected area on a domain of mine that I just have a small html file with links to all my admins. Kinda like a bookmark file that i can get to no matter what computer I'm on. Just nice to be able to click something and get to what I need to.

Plus with blogs it makes it easy for updating. I just command click on all the blog urls for the admin. Then update and close the windows... repeat until done.