View Single Post
Old 2005-02-05, 09:43 AM   #25
Opti
I Didn't Do It

Send a message via ICQ to Opti
There was a few threads George... and I actually didnt post links as i didnt know which of the posters may be genuine or not.. I'll pull a couple of interesting quotes for you though to get idea. (just do a search over there for threads in the last week with "sextracker" or "Avenue" mentioned in them for the rest)

this report has some details of allegations too..
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine..._adware09.html
(from this post)

Quote:
4. Unbeknownst to me (my former partner at Sexlist and I were to have 60 points on FCI/AM's adware deal) FCI had started developing a second, confidential adware product incorporating Bama's feature set, as well as additional functionality Shawn and I had come up with.

5. While a friend/business acquitance was visiting on business Shawn and I (the third person can't be identified) discussed the feasability of distributing through the p2p's as well as through viral email methods.

6. FCI had a employee (interestingly enough he's posted on this thread) working full time adding URL's into the config. These URL's would have either all, or some percentage of their traffic redirected. This list included but was not limited to the top sites on Sextracker! All this work was done from the Seattle offices of FCI, not in Caracao. The employee was on the FCI payroll.
Quote:
They are taking the few hits that DO convert by means of inserting their own affiliate id's as well as redirecting join pages to their own MoneyTree program. This practice is detrimental to the entire industry. Affiliate programs (some are/were actually moneytree clients) are damaged when conversions drop and webmasters move to another program. Webmasters suffer damages in more direct ways, their joins are stolen from them.
Quote:
Insert/replace affiliate id's. If a end user maciacally dropped on a paysite without being referred then Bode added his own affiliate ID, or redirected to his own sites. The latter is the case pertaining to ifriends. Shawn had serious issues with ifriends and was determined to steal as much of their traffic as possible for Tricams. Another target was KC's counter which Shawn wanted to hit so he could buy at a more favorable (for him) price.
Aga at netpondcash
Quote:
We woke up one morning to a 30% drop in traffic and revenue.. at the time we were handling all of a MAJOR players non US traffic. millions of hits per day. They basically redirected all hits that were meant for our domain.. to the moneytree dialer.

I bought a new pc.. infected it with thier shit and videod the evidence.. we even flew our Lawyer over the Atlantic to England to help out.

Everyone says that there was no way that they could make a 30% dent in revenue.. but most of our revenue came from UK traffic.. and they had been installing spyware on UK surfers for years.. I would imagine they have infected a huge amount of UK pcs.. .
(from this thread)
Quote:
So, we've established they were distributing through the counters. Those installs are/were worth .50 each. How much do they owe you?

If you are:

Sublime Directory- $653,143.00
Consumption Junction- $390,000

These numbers are based on the value of an install being .50, and unique stats from Sextracker Site Ranks. THESE AMOUNTS ARE FOR A 24 HOUR PERIOD.

I've no idea what's true and whats not.. but there is no doubt these guys have done some AMAZING things.. its hard to get my head around just how much money this must involve.. much safer than drug dealing from Panama but just as profitable by the looks..

Its no wonder they did it when you start looking at how easy it has been and the astronomical cash that might be involved. and doubtless many of the people hurt hardest simply wish they had done it first anyway as the chances of them being held accountable seem slim to me.

And if you think that's a shocker.. has anyone seen the Homegrown -v- Voice Media complaint papers!! Set your face to stunned and click here:
http://*************/corporate/lawsuits/tro.html
(warning: not for those that prefer to niavely love our biz and it's "heroes")
Opti is offline   Reply With Quote