View Single Post
Old 2005-11-06, 09:03 PM   #96
RawAlex
Took the hint.

Send a message via AIM to RawAlex
Yahook, if you have a great host that nobody will list, is it truly a great host?

Due to certain "features" and "options" offered by some hosts, they attract cheaters (as well as honest webmasters) who take advantage of those tools in an attempt to get more than their fair share of listings, to get listings and redirect traffic, or to sell their traffic to toolbar companies. I often thing it is in fact the toolbar guys directly trying to fuck people over.

When you choose that host, you get the "features", but you also get the baggage. A host that limits your chances to get listed isn't exactly doing you any favors.

Sundiver: I read your post VERY carefully. Why would we want to notify anyone of banned hosts? The cheaters would run like cockroaches to the next host, and we would have to start the whole process all over again. You don't think that the host themselves isn't aware of the situation? In many cases the hosts have modified thier services specifically to disguise or obscure who they are just to help their clients screw us over. I won't post them, but there are chatboards where people spend their entire lives trying to come up with ways of fucking over link sites and TGPs.

Why the heck do you think everyone is going to partner accounts and paid submits?

Sending you a notification or saying "your host is banned" is just starting a huge game of whack-a-mole, and nobody wants to do that.

The shared blacklist (which I don't use, BTW) is just a tool like any others. I think most host bans are done on an individual level, and not as a group thing.

Alex
RawAlex is offline   Reply With Quote