View Single Post
Old 2004-07-10, 10:11 AM   #10
Jim
Banned

MML
It really was nothing.
On my 40th Birthday, my wife gave me a Rolex the morning before my birthday party in the back yard. Everything about it told me it was fake but I just knew she would not give me a fake Rolex. So, I went all over town showing off a watch that had to cost $25k or more. During the party, she said, let me see your watch again. I took it off and she threw it into the fire. I kind of gasped for a minute and then knew it was fake. She then gave me the real one that I wear today

The funniest part was the guys doing the Hog Roast for the party. They said, "thats a nice watch" and ran over to pull it out of the fire. I think the guy still wears it today

The worst part is, I do and did know how to tell a real Rolex from a fake. When I opened the fake Rolex box, the inside cardboard fell out It had no certificate and the second had ticked. Even people that knew about the fake tried to tip me off...since I was looking so much like a fool showing it off. I would say, I need to get this insured...and my friend said, "not that one". But still, I fell for it.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote