View Single Post
Old 2016-05-08, 01:44 PM   #16
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
PC's old sites are reading the data from the location he gave them when he set the application up to begin with..
First thing I did was go into his PHP scripts and find the host name, username and password. He has a nice, easy to read config file which gives me the data his script uses to find and log on to the database. Trouble is the hostname is "localhost", which means it is on my server, but there is no database with the username and password that his script is using on my server!. And if you go in via MySQL control, there is a different database with a different username and password listed - but this database is empty, there is absolutely no data in that database whatsoever! But the scripts still chortle along, drawing data from God knows where.

I'm no expert at PHP, so I'm trying to write a Perl script that does what you suggest in PHP. However the problem is, I don't know the correct MySQL syntax, I'm learning as I go along, and it is bloody easy for me to make a mistake and mess everything up. For example, some types of databases destroy an entry after reading it, so you have to issue a read command, then a write command BEFORE you tell it to show you what it read, or you loose the data. I don't think MySQL does this, but the key word is "think" not "know". And there are probably a thousand other ways I can screw it up too!

So far I have written a script that searches out database tables and returns the table names. I've set up a new database on another domain simply to test it, and it seems to work. But so far I have not had the courage to run it on ClitPass, I want to test it some more on unimportant databases first.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote