View Single Post
Old 2016-05-06, 06:03 PM   #5
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Send a message via ICQ to Pagan
Pssst... always always always... back up your data and store it safely before making any changes. I know, it's an old school concept but it just might save your neck. I used to feel the same way working in the telecom switches, knowing that I had the power to completely take out a switch with just a few keystrokes. I would always write out the command I was going to use in those situations, step back, look at it, check it against what I knew was correct. If I had any doubt, I got another tech to check it.

As for me this month, it is the first month I am officially retired and collecting those benefits. It means I won't be looking for a real job and I can go back to working on my sadly-neglected empire. I've been working hard on it all week and can finally see progress. My goals for the month:

1. Finish the review of the submitted sites for my network.
2. Say goodbye to any submits that are broken or redirecting.
3. Update the friends lists as I clean pages to point to the correct categories
4. Update Lezzietown and Rear Entry Lover's layout
5. Update the ads on all pages
5. Build Build Build
6. When I am happy with my builds, start submitting again.
7. When I am out there pulling new materials from sponsors, get the blogs going again.
8. Rinse, lather, and repeat 5-7

I did build a site the other day on a new template. It felt so strange and yet so familiar. I would have submitted it elsewhere, but... when I was reviewing sites I discovered I had used the exact same sponsor content as Greenguy, and in exactly the same place. Needless to say, it won't be subbed anywhere.

I realized that my 18 months of inactivity cost me some hardlinks, and I would really like to restore or add to what I originally had. That is kind of an informal #9.