View Single Post
Old 2005-08-28, 05:56 PM   #6
Prawnie
WHO IS FONZY!?! Don't they teach you anything at school?

Send a message via ICQ to Prawnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by beholder242
Is this something like what you were suggesting?

http://www.filipina-fantasy.com/main1.html
Nothing there, but I looked at main.html and its much better. No scroll bar at the bottom now

Quote:
Originally Posted by beholder242
To be honest, I'm not sure if what I've built qualifies as a free or pay site
Me neither. I have no experience with webcam sites. However, when I first went to your page, I was greeted by 16 cams, all accessable. The average lurker out there in pervyland wants something for nothing. By showing all the cams at once, the site holds nothing back to capture the potential member's interest.
Maybe for this main page have either one live cam, or a looping movie of an older session to give the lurker some idea what is inside.
With this, I would put a caption saying " Get access to all the live cams", explaining the chat pay system and a link to either a tour page or to your join page.
If you want to show all 16, make only one clickable.
I was taught.. "give too much away and you will wont get the sales".
If its a paysite you want, take a look at some of the sites out there and see how they are structured.

Quote:
Forgive my newbie-ness, but could you explain what you mean by "traffic leaks"?
If it is a paysite you intend to do, I always make the site as clean as possible. No recips (simple terms a button or text link to another site) for tgps (thumbgallery post), LL's (Linklist), directories or toplists. They serve no purpose on your site and you want to keep the viewer on your site, not send him away, hence traffic leaks. They clutter up your page, distract the viewing public and in my honest opinion, detract from the overall appearance of the site.
All that is needed is content relevant to your site. Your main priority is getting the public interested, keeping their interest when they are at your site and then convincing them that you have something fantastic to offer..

What plateman is talking about is your page resembles a freesite which is used by paysites to advertise their site and content. Its like a mini tour site which like a gallery will drive the traffic to your site with the potential to sign up.

Hope this helps
Prawnie is offline   Reply With Quote