View Single Post
Old 2009-08-06, 06:27 AM   #16
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Boy View Post
Google stopped giving a high priority to keywords......domain name is just one of the minor factors.
I spend a fair amount of time analysing my search engine traffic, which includes looking at the search terms the surfer typed in to Google. They may say they give low importance to words in the domain name, but this is not true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Boy View Post
Of course if it's a phrase with little competition....then the domain name will float to the top.
Correct, except that domain name is one of the more important factors. They place considerable stress on words in the domain name if it is not a very popular term. EG women-in-bondage.info gets a slight increase in searches for "bondage", but if the search uses both women and bondage then it gets a hell of a lot more hits from that search than naked-bondage.com, regardless of the fact that women-in-bondage.info is a scrappy TGP with mostly blind links and naked-bondage.com was a bloody good bondage site and contained the term "woman in bondage" quite a bit. It was run by a friend of mine who used it as a hobby more than anything else (I used to do the SEO for him) and was the kind of site that should have been near the top of any bondage search (but if you are into bondage don't bother looking for it, the domain was stolen a few months back).
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote