View Single Post
Old 2010-03-04, 05:14 PM   #19
DIVAD3
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES

Send a message via ICQ to DIVAD3
UM....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6188 View Post
the username and database name almost always have a prefix that I'm not seeing in your code.
Usually it's the sign in ID to create a mysql database. So if I sign into my host with 'malexander' then my username would be 'malexander_admblogdetailzus'. The database name would be 'malexander_dbuser'. Hence you would write $user="malexander_admblogdetailzus";
$db="malexander_dbuser";
----------------
Um - This has me baffled by what your saying. I am addressing this matter to you in a PM. Plz C Ur Mail Mark. After you read ur mail you might begin to see that I just might be confusing the whole database system. I don't know for sure. But I am thinking this due to how I named things in setting up the script. And pehpas the simple solution would be to just rename things in the script as for username and password are concernd.

In Looking at my notes of how I set things up. I cannot find anything similiar to how you are discribing things. However I am probably overlooking the simplicity of what your saying. When I set up the database in mysql. I gave it a hostname of: mysqldb2.ehost-services.com / Also noted here is:
Protocal version: 10
MYSQL charset:UTF-8 unicode
USER: divad3@69.156.200 (i assume its a IP Address) But it isnt mine on my pc. blah blah blah ..webserver info and phpmyadmin - version information 3.1.5..

Originally when I first got involved with learning to create a table. I had created a table called divad3_admin. But that table was unsuccessful because when I went to save it. I had gotten logged off from the host for having one window to many open at the same time I was working in the database. So it wasn't saved.

And the database of admblogdetailzus was a suggested name. Due to the ones I was trying to have wasnt being accepted.

Last edited by DIVAD3; 2010-03-04 at 06:00 PM..
DIVAD3 is offline   Reply With Quote