View Single Post
Old 2013-03-31, 09:31 PM   #9
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Epic View Post
I had a web development class where we were taught about Fireworks. An older version of course, but the only use I found for it was animated gifs and the such. I was disappointed in that class as I was hoping they would get into Photoshop instead.
I went to a Macromedia seminar when Fireworks first came out long before Adobe bought the company.

The big thing about Fireworks was that it did vector buttons complete with the rollover code. Adobe came out with ImageReady to complete with it and since I was a Photoshop user since version one in 1990 I ended up using ImageReady instead.

I actually really loved ImageReady for doing web buttons and GIF animation. ImageReady is now dead, replaced by Fireworks, but Photoshop now does almost everything that ImageReady did.

I always hated Macromedia's products preferring Adobe apps but now that Adobe bought them and killed GoLive I'm forced to learn what was Macromedia's products.

I really much prefer GoLive but it has been killed and is now 4 years old so its code is out of date. I just wish its good features had been incorporated into Dreamweaver but if anything it's even more unfriendly now that Adobe owns it.

The Adobe Classroom in a book series are really excellent. I'm using their eBook versions. The books have a secret URL where you download all the lessons.

I'm an old timer QuarkXpress user but needed to get up to speed quickly in using InDesign instead. That is what got me started using these books and now I'm hooked. I might even do the Photoshop one despite having used Photoshop since 1990.
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote