View Single Post
Old 2007-03-29, 05:38 PM   #19
gotcha
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

Jab - The ratios I am using are signup/no: of people who went to sign-up page. I keep an eye on the ratios because it can tell you something is off, like if you were getting 1:500 last month but this month you are getting 1:2000. Then I would look at what had changed especially on the sponsor site and it's sign up page. If they make changes it can affect sales, or it could be that the text/links I made on my gallery were not specific enough about what the surfer could expect on the site so they went, saw and weren't interested.

I am not anal about it as things change that I have no control over (like the weather, hot weather = low sign-ups for me as everyone is at the beach not online) and then you get those weird 1:1 sign-ups from SE traffic on pages you forgot you even made.

I'll keep on building like the advice above and I am trying to use better meta and alt tags that will attract SE traffic that is specific to the type of site I am promoting.

Now I am going to go pack my bags and go away for my first w/end in ages. The weather here sucks (NZ) so I will get rain for 3 days when I should be at home getting sign-ups while everyone is stuck inside.

gotcha is offline   Reply With Quote