View Single Post
Old 2007-03-22, 09:19 PM   #13
gotcha
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

Hey Greenie. I took in to account a couple of changes (some free sites I lost due to change in TOS where I did get signups & some adverts I didn't renew with AVN ads) but even with these changes I thought I should be still getting the same-ish numbers off my own site and submitted galleries.

The AVN ads were great at the start of the month but dropped off with a bang mid-month to end of month as surfers got used to seeing the advert. I use adbrite for quite a few adverts but I am pissed off with them lately as it seems your own adverts drive up the price the site charges. I am not 100% sure of this but the price one site charged changed 200% from the start of when I placed my first one with them to what they are charging now after I have run 6 adverts with them. Since my adverts made up 90% of their advertising I figure I drove their asking price up. Not good for me but as I said I am not sure how they work out their charges so just a guess.

The free sites got good traffic but there was a change in TOS via email that arrived while I was away and my sites got deleted. That of course is the problem with free sites, no control over the site and you can't submit galleries from them to many sites. They do pick up decent SE traffic though.

I am going to look for a couple of partner accounts I can afford and see how that changes things. Luckily this is not my full time job!

Cheers
gotcha
gotcha is offline   Reply With Quote