View Single Post
Old 2014-02-10, 12:14 PM   #3
Simon
That which does not kill us, will try, try again.

Send a message via ICQ to Simon Send a message via AIM to Simon Send a message via Yahoo to Simon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenguy View Post
In a nutshell, from what I'm reading, if you have a tube site that's loaded with vids provided by an affiliate program, you're traffic from Google is gonna drop, if not go away altogether.

If that's the case, then the question becomes:
What will take the place of these tube sites in the rankings?
My thinking is that the first thing to go won't be the BIG tube sites. The first to fall will be the smaller tubes owned by affiliates who are using sponsor-hosted videos or videos scrapped from or embedded from those same big tubes. The big tubes host their own videos, and they don't use sponsor-provided file names, titles or descriptions.

What will take their place? Probably more links to category and individual video pages on the BIG tube sites. Not only are those the pages where real surfers are sharing links to, but the big tubes are aggressively buying links to specific cat and video player pages.

In my way of thinking, if any of us ever hope to reclaim good SE positions, it won't be due to other sites falling in the rankings. Those positions will just get grabbed up by the guys who are spending lots of cash on link building, media buys, social influences and every other way to wind up in those SE positions we all covet.

I can wish it was different, but the other hand will fill up first.

:-|