View Single Post
Old 2007-01-11, 12:15 PM   #9
RamCharger
Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip!

My package is a link list creator. It's not slaved to TTT for anything other than collecting entries from the TTT tables in the MySQL database.

A look at what happens:
1) You enter your site in to TTT
2) TTT takes information and stores it in MySQL
3) I run one script that I wrote which dumps the contents of the TTT MySQL tables into an XML file format that I developed (db.xml).
4) That information in db.xml is then merged with a style sheet that I wrote in XSL to generate a plain XHTML page (index.html) with plain links (href's).
5) db.xml is also used by search.php to do queries initiated by users (search by name, niche, or description).

As you can see my software is not truly reliant on TTT. By changing the logic of the one script that does the dump of the TTT MySQL tables I can change the software to use any data source (sleepycat db based datasource, Arrow MySQL tables, or anything else that I can dissect its data storage format and contents) as long as db.xml stays in the format that I developed. Since everything else (search.php, problem.php) revolves around the consistency of db.xml nothing else is reliant on any other piece of software. I can adapt this software to any want or need without infringing on or changing anyone elses software.