View Single Post
Old 2017-10-03, 12:05 PM   #6
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Send a message via ICQ to Pagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwilliams View Post
Good morning.

I must say that my first reaction about the Vegas shooting was shock followed by anger. When nothing was done to American gun laws after the massacre of children at Sandy Hook, I knew that this would become a regular occurrence that would just get worse. Sorry to be so negative but what's going to change it? Nothing. It will have to progress to it's natural conclusion and I hate to contemplate what that will be.
I used to say the same things... after Columbine, after the theater shootings in Colorado and so many others. There are no laws possible that will protect anyone from a determined and/or deranged person. They said he had 23 guns in his room -- 23. What sane person has that many guns in a hotel room? His guns were bought legally too. I do question why anyone needs the type of guns he had, and why they are even sold in the US.

What scares me is the label of "Most" deadly, or "Most" anything. Someone will be fool enough to try to top it. Rational laws on what can be sold and how much ammunition might help keep future events from being so severe. And if you think laws work, look at the drunk driving situation. If laws regulating such behaviors worked, you would not have any more drunk drivers anywhere.